Chronicle of Hotel "König Humbert"

In 1899 the carpenter Frötsch built the estate now located in Schuhstraße (=Shoe Street), which was named Hamburg Street at the time until 1900.

The building was constructed as an inn and was originally hosted by brewer Michael Keller.

The name „König Humbert" (King Humbert) originates from the Italian King Umberto. On May 13th 1898 he became owner of the 19th Royal Bavarian Infantry Regiment based at Erlangen.

As the Hotel started out as a „soldiers inn", this name was chosen.

Over 100 years of family tradition

In 1907 butcher Johann Müller and his wife Margaretha bought the building. He was the uncle of Michael Müller, the present owner.

After Johann Müller passed away in 1909 his widow married his brother Josef Müller. The house remained in family possession.

During the Nazi regime the inn had to carry the name „Gasthaus Müller", but Johann returned to the original Name „König Humbert" afterwards.

In 1952 Michael and Katharina Müller bought the inn und managed it with heart and soul. From 1955 to 1969 the restaurant and the rooms were expanded.

In 1985 Walter Müller the son of Michael and Katharina Müller took over the building and owns it till today.

2007 the Müller family celebrated the 100th hotel jubilee showing its over 100 year „Müller tradition".

2015 their daughter Alexandra Menzel took over the hotel and will continue the tradition in the 4th generation.

Current offers

Christmasspecial 21st of December 2018 till 06th of January 2019

 

Singleroom

45 € per night/room incl. Breakfast

more than 3 Nights 40€ 

 

 

Doubleroom

65 € per night/ room incl. Breakfast

more than 3 Nights 60€

 

 

 

 

 

 

Arrival

Hotel König Humbert
Schuhstr. 21
91052 Erlangen
Germany